THE FREEDOM CHURCH
We, the members of The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church in order to advance the Church of Jesus Christ, safeguard the glorious heritage bequeathed to us by our forefathers, preserve our tradition as a people called "Zion Methodists", maintain Christian fellowship and discipline, edify believers, convert the world, transform society, and perfect our unity and structure, do hereby establish and set forth this Constitution.
New Pleasant Valley
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
Since the beginning of time, man has always been curious to know when, where and how things started. Years ago, some loyal and faithful members built the Old Pleasant Valley A.M.E. Zion Church. For some unknown reasons, our present church, New Pleasant Valley A.M.E. Zion Church, came out of Old Pleasant Valley A.M.E. Zion Church.
In the year of 1895, the late Mrs. Diana Adams deeded one acre of land to the following men who served as Trustees during that time: The late Messrs. Lee Samuel, W.M. Clark, Tom Washington, Dock Kelly, Henry Owen, Peter Harris and Mr. Wesley Wilbank. Pastors who served were the late Rev. A. W. Murphy and Rev. Cherry. Information and records during this period are unavailable.